September holds onto summer as we blast through the end of the month. Even though it doesn't feel like it now, we are changing gears to get our farm ready for winter. Please join us for the Winter Share and receive farm produce through the whole year! We have big plans for lots of greens and delicious roots. We'd love to have you.
Meanwhile, fall bounty is upon us!
Scenes from the farm: fall lettuce and spinach, fall roots, fall fields, fall morning.
AND DON'T FORGET TO COME PICK YOUR PUMPKIN!!
Recipe of the week:
Kale and Napa Cabbage Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing
Kale and Napa Cabbage Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing is ribbons of kale and Napa cabbage combined with apples, dried cranberries, green onions, and toasted pecans in a creamy, Greek yogurt dressing. This salad is one great way to eat your greens in a very delicious, different way!
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, tough stems removed, washed, and cut into thin ribbons
- 4 ounces Napa cabbage (I used ¼ of a medium head), washed and cut into thin ribbons*
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced thinly
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into ½" chunks (I used Gala)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice**
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup toasted, chopped pecans***
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0% plain)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Prepare the salad:
- Place the kale, cabbage, and green onions into a large bowl. Place the apples into a small bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir to combine, then add the apples to the kale mixture with the cranberries and pecans. Toss gently, then set aside.
Prepare the dressing:
- Place the Greek yogurt, canola oil, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and whisk until incorporated. Stir in the fresh parsley. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until the salad is evenly coated with the dressing. Enjoy!